:prose - Gesture Based Communications Application
More Information Here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/prose/id945122730?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
Gesture based communications Application for Smartphones
:prose is the world’s most intuitive mobile (AAC) app that lets you speak using body language instead of visual symbols. Starting with simple finger taps and swipes in the Canvas area, you can speak your own phrases out loud and communicate with others. Further, :prose enables you to pair bluetooth connected sensory devices as remote controls to command :prose to speak out loud from your Smartstones Touch device or your Apple Watch.
:prose is being used by the largest school system in the United States and provides an entirely new “inclusive learning” experience and accelerate “access to literacy” for nonverbal or communication challenged students.
Teachers and SLP's are telling us that :prose addresses these problems:
• Improve student eye contact
• Improve student attention and focus
• Improve student development and engagement
• Improve core communication
• Improve teaching experience
• Reduce anxiety and behavior interventions
• Flexible and adaptive to learner